- Galloway bull, calves and cows at Sandy Lake Farm
- Orchestrate some architectural photographs at Sandy Lake Farm
- Quite a variety of native birds at Sandy Lake Farm
- Play Table tennis or have a swim at Sandy Lake Farm
- Galloway calves and their mums
- Pine tree avenue at the back of Sandy Lake Farm
- Vegetables and herbs
- Rose gardens at Sandy Lake Farm
- Ancient paperbark trees
- Sunsets are magnificent thru the pine trees and reflections in the lake
- Run, hop, skip, jump, acrobatics all fun on the large lawn areas roll down the hill all fun for children at the farm
- Bring friends or family to Sandy Lake Farm
- Abbeys Cottage at Sandy Lake Farm ideal farm stay getaway for couples, families, friends, singles, small groups, 1 queen bed and 2 x twin bed rooms (max 6 guests), lounge/dining/kitchen laundry and front and rear patio. linen, china, cutlery, glasses, gas stove, fridge/freezer, microwave, blender, saucepans, rice cooker, washing machine, iron, ironing board, outdoor line, FREE BBQ, ducted cool air conditioning, wood fire, oil heater and use of above ground pool. Please bring your own food, drinks, A comfortable fully furnished house in the gardens of Sandy book now.
- Sandy Lake Farm B & B Adult only with daily housekeeping. 1 night stay or longer, Max 6 adult guests. Choice of 3 large light clean rooms in the guest wing of the main farm house. tiled floors, bedside mats, 2 door wardrobes, comfy queen beds, ceiling fans, ducted air conditioning, wonderful winter fire in main central area, toiletries, tv/dvd, Block out blinds, breezy curtains, windows you can open, insect screens fitted. 48 hours prior notice to join us at the dinner table for a home cooked meal, cost on application. FREE breakfast.FREE PARKING book now.
- NEW FOR 2016 GROUPS OF 12 or 6 Gather some friends, colleagues or family for a fun farm getaway 1 hour north of Perth.
Galloway cattle, Dorper sheep roam the parkland paddocks, gorgeous colours and variety in the shade and ornamental trees, orchard, rose and vegetable gardens and big lawn areas surround the accommodation, walk out to the lake or sail your remote controlled boat around 4 islands. Check in the dam or soak area try and spot a long necked tortoise. Cool off in the pool or play Table tennis bring some friends and start a challenge in the large patio or sit and relax its nice and cool in the huge patio (note ladder to climb for pool entry). Enjoy watching or photograph native birds, in one morning you can see Sacred Ibis, crows, willy wagtail, magpie, eagles are soaring overhead in summer, wood ducks, crane in the dam, what will you see? Sit in the shade of a big pepper-mint or gum tree to view the paddocks and perimeter of pine trees. Magnificent wide blue sky by day and dark star filled skies at night giving millions of stars with no interfering light, perfect for night photography, see the milky way or the big old moon rise over the farm. Last weekend it was hot but our guest Mark still did his 3.5km run up and down the 500 m driveway.
- Suggestions: Bring your Camera, binoculars, walking shoes, kites, remote control boat or toy buggies for the lake area, latest novel (swap over in our library) or dvd, feeling enthusiastic bring your mountain or bmx bikes and ride on surrounding gravel roadways to the Gravity centre 11km one way ride.
- Abbeys Cottage bring your own delicious foods and wines to enjoy a very special getaway or visit Riseborough winery and art Gallery then stop in Gingin at the IGA Supermarket to pick up some honey or or grocery's.
- B & B guests enjoy a farm house breakfast served at 8am. Dinner required? We do request 48 hours notice please!
Easy to reach 1 hour north of Perth. See millions of stars over a cattle and sheep farm, best accommodation for Gingin Gravity Discovery centre and GDC OBservatory (10 minutes), en route to Pinnacles Nambung National Park (90 minutes drive) or Monkey Mia (8 hour drive)and New Norcia (1 hour drive), north of Yanchep National Park (37kms). Perth airport (1.5 hours drive). No public transport in this location, hire vehicle is required, see our getting here page for tour company transport. Arrive in time for sunset as the pines become a golden backdrop to the pastures.
FREE Fun activities at the farm for guests:
- Watch and perhaps interact with animal feeding time at 4pm.
- Ask Reg for a night walk tour by torchlight to discover what is around the farm.
- Tour the garden with Veronica to have a sensory experience with smell and taste sampling.
- Capture the magic of millions of stars and fabulous sunsets through the pine trees.
- Board games monopoly, scrabble, card games, dominoes, pick up sticks, checkers, cribbage, bridge
- Novels, farm information, gardening, hobbies, fishing or flying magazines available at the farm.
- Enjoy time out with your must watch dvd or choose from our collection.
- Feeling active? Set up a table tennis challenge with your family or other guests in the large separate games patio area.
- Cool off in the above ground pool note pool, book now for school holidays or anytime of year.
activities 5- 60 minutes off farm: see more on our reviews and events page. note: if you click on our booking page or any of the following links and want to get back to our website information Handy hint use the back arrow at the top of that page.
- Gravity Discovery Centre, Observatory and cafe plus 220 step Leaning Tower & Cosmology Gallery, 11km 10am to 4pm (closed mondays)
- Caladenia mini golf & Le Shed cafe 25km (closed Tuesdays), Verge301 cafe 26km, CU@Park cafe/rest (licensed) 22kms.
- Yanchep National Park (koalas & kangaroos) 37 km south west. Try the Chocolate cafe, or cave tour.
- Pinnacles Nambung National Park 1.5 hour scenic drive north along Indian Ocean Drive north.
- Cafe A'Moore for fish n chips or picnic by the sea at Guilderton swim, hire a kayak, paddle boat or dinghy, sand boarding, fishing 35km.
- Gingin Historic buildings, Settlers cemetery, churches, water wheel on the brook, Pioneer Pavilion,Vic Gordon boardwalk, chemist, bank, roadhouse, supermarket, train station cafe.
- Monday to Saturday Treasure trove shop is open 9-12pm from 19/1/2016.