- Bring friends or family to Sandy Lake Farm
- Vegetables and herbs
- Ancient paperbark trees
- Sunsets are magnificent thru the pine trees and reflections in the lake
- Galloway bull, calves and cows at Sandy Lake Farm
- Orchestrate some architectural photographs at Sandy Lake Farm
- Quite a variety of native birds at Sandy Lake Farm
- Pine tree avenue at the back of Sandy Lake Farm
- Play Table tennis or have a swim at Sandy Lake Farm
- Rose gardens at Sandy Lake Farm
- BED AND BREAKFAST AT SANDY LAKE FARM
- Adults only, max 2 guests per room. 3 rooms available.
- Garden view or Lake view queen bed rooms from $169 per room per night, $159 per night two night stay.
- Superior queen bed room from $179 per night, $169 per night two night stay.
- light clean rooms in the guest wing of the main farm house.
- tiled floors, bedside mats, 2 door wardrobes, comfy queen beds, ceiling fans, ducted cool air condition
- toiletries, tv/dvd, Block out blinds, breezy curtains,
- wonderful winter fire in main central area
- windows you can open, insect screens fitted.
- 48 hours prior notice to join us at the dinner table for a home cooked meal, cost on application.
- ABBEYS COTTAGE at Sandy Lake Farm for your exclusive use.
- Base rate $276 per night for 2 guests, $30 per person per night to a maximum of 6 guests.
- 2-4 night stay $240 per night for 2 guests, $30 per person per night to a maximum of 6 guests.
- 5-6 night stay $220 per night for 2 guests, $30 per person per night to a maximum of 6 guests.
- 7 -10 night stay $200 per night for 2 guests, $30 per person per night toa maximum of 6 guests.
- all longer or corporate stays please contact us direct for rates.
- ideal farm stay getaway for couples, families, friends, singles, small groups, contractors,
- Backpackers please note there is no work nor accommodation available his is a small family run business.
- 3 bedrooms (max 6 guests) 1 queen bed and 4 single beds plus cot high chair.
- lounge/dining/kitchen, bathroom with shower, 2 toilets, laundry, sitting area plus front verandah and rear patio.
- linen, china, cutlery, glasses, gas stove, fridge/freezer, microwave, blender, saucepans, rice cooker, BBQ, washing machine, iron & board, outdoor line, ducted cool air conditioning, wood fire, oil heater and use of above ground pool.
- no meals provided and only one cottage available sorry no pets permitted.
- FREE PARKING.
Galloway cattle, Dorper sheep roam the parkland paddocks, gorgeous colours and variety in the shade and ornamental trees, orchard, rose and vegetable gardens and big lawn areas surround the accommodation, walk out to the lake or sail your remote controlled boat around the 3 islands. Check in the dam or soak area try and spot a long necked tortoise. Snuggle up by the wood fire or get active withfriends or family and start a table tennis challenge in the large separate fun area. Enjoy watching or photograph native birds, plenty of pink and grey galahs, Carnaby cockatoos, 28's, magpies a duck or two, perhaps an eagle or hawk might be about, loads of smaller birds perhaps sitting on the cow or sheep's back. Relish the shade of a big pepper-mint or gum tree to view the paddocks and perimeter of pine trees. Magnificent wide blue sky by day and dark star filled skies at night giving millions of stars, no interfering light, perfect for night photography, see the milky way or the big old moon rise over the farm.
Suggestions: Bring your Camera, binoculars, walking shoes, kites, remote control boat or toy buggies for the lake area, latest novel (swap over in our library) or dvd, feeling enthusiastic bring your mountain or bmx bikes and ride on surrounding gravel roadways to the Gravity centre 11km one way ride.
Easy to reach 1 hour north of Perth. best accommodation for Gingin Gravity Discovery centre and GDC OBservatory (10 minutes), en route to Pinnacles Nambung National Park (90 minutes drive) or Monkey Mia (8 hour drive)and New Norcia (1 hour drive), north of Yanchep National Park (37kms). Perth airport (1.5 hours drive). No public transport in this location, hire vehicle is required, see our getting here page for tour company transport. Arrive in time for sunset as the pines become a golden backdrop to the pastures.
FREE Fun activities at the farm for guests:
- Watch and perhaps interact with animal feeding time at 4pm.
- Ask Reg for a night walk tour by torchlight to discover what is around the farm.
- Tour the garden with Veronica to have a sensory experience with smell and taste sampling.
- Capture the magic of millions of stars and fabulous sunsets through the pine trees.
- Board games monopoly, scrabble, card games, dominoes, pick up sticks, checkers, cribbage, bridge
- Novels, farm information, gardening, hobbies, fishing or flying magazines available at the farm.
- Enjoy time out with your must watch dvd or choose from our collection.
- Feeling active? Set up a table tennis challenge with your family or other guests in the large separate games patio area.
- Cool off in the above ground pool note pool, book now for school holidays or anytime of year.
activities 5- 60 minutes off farm: see more on our reviews and events page. note: if you click on our booking page or any of the following links and want to get back to our website information Handy hint use the back arrow at the top of that page.
- Gravity Discovery Centre, and GDC Observatory - Gingin, cafe, 220 step Leaning Tower, Cosmology Gallery, 11km ph9575 7577
- Caladenia mini golf & Le Shed cafe 25km (closed Tuesdays),
- Verge 301 cafe 26 km,
- CU@Park cafe/rest (licensed) 22 kms.
- Yanchep National Park (koalas & kangaroos) 37 km south west. Try the Chocolate cafe, or cave tour.
- Pinnacles Nambung National Park 1.5 hour scenic drive north along Indian Ocean Drive north.
- Cafe A'Moore for fish n chips or picnic by the sea at Guilderton swim, hire a kayak, paddle boat or dinghy, sand boarding, fishing 35km.
- Gingin Historic buildings, Settlers cemetery, churches, water wheel on the brook, Pioneer Pavilion,Vic Gordon boardwalk, chemist, bank, roadhouse, supermarket, train station cafe.
- Monday to Saturday Treasure trove shop is open 9-12pm