Welcome to Sandy Lake Farm - Gingin, Guilderton, Moore River, Chittering Holiday accommodation
Abbeys Cottage or Sandy Lake Farm B & B or Bring your own Caravan plenty of sites available. Farm style holiday 1 hour drive north of Perth. Millions of stars over a cattle and sheep farm, close to Gingin Observatory and Gravity precinct, en route to Pinnacles Nambung National Park.
Looking for a quiet getaway? We are a small local business possibly it will be a quiet weekend. Morrison and Christmas trees now in flower November and December. Lambs & calves in season, fun to watch them playing at sunset as the pines become a golden backdrop to the pastures. "Preferred star gazing accommodation" book direct by going to our booking page
- Abbeys Cottage fully self contained ideal for families or up to 6 guests,staying in the gardens of Sandy Lake Farm stay.
- B and B adults only maximum of 6 in the guest wing of the main homestead with your hosts Reg and Veronica.
- Caravan sites Bring your own fully self contained caravan, shady lawned sites in the gardens, no camping, no pets, call direct to book your caravan only maximum 3 day stay. ph 0428288422.
Farm animals include Galloway cattle with calves, Dorper sheep & lambs. Cleared parkland property with lots of shady trees and large lawn areas around the accommodation, walk out to the large lake, the secondary winter lake had black swans on it this year but now has dried (Nov 15), the dam or soak area you may spot a long necked tortoise. Start a table tennis challenge in the large patio area between the two houses. Enjoy watching or photograph many species of native birds in the pastures, shade trees paperbarks and perimeter of pine trees. Magnificent wide blue sky by day and dark star filled skies at night giving millions of stars with no interfering light, perfect for night photography see the milky way rise over the farm.
- Suggestions: Bring your Camera, binoculars, walking shoes, kites, remote control boat or toy buggies for the lake area, latest novel or dvd, feeling enthusiastic bring your mountain or bmx bikes.
- If you have a special pillow bring it along but ours are available to use and all other linen is provided in both B & B and cottage.
- Abbeys Cottage bring your own delicious foods and wines to enjoy a very special getaway.
- B & B guests enjoy a farm house breakfast served at 8am. Like to book an evening meal? Please supply 48 hours notice or more. Alternatively visit historic Gingin's Cafe or hotel 22kms from the farm.
FREE Fun activities at the farm for guests:
- Watch and perhaps interact with animal feeding times at 4pm.
- Ask Reg for a night walk tour by torchlight to discover what is around the farm.
- Capture the magic of millions of stars and fabulous sunsets through the pine trees.
- Board games monopoly, scrabble, card games, dominoes, pick up sticks, checkers, cribbage, bridge
- Novels, farm information, gardening, hobbies, fishing or flying magazines available at the farm.
- Enjoy time out with a dvd.
- NEW Feeling active? Set up a table tennis challenge with your family or other guests in the large separate games patio area.
Fun activities 5- 60 minutes off farm: see more on our reviews and events page
- Gingin Observatory www.ginginobservatory.com.au and Gravity Discovery centre newly named the Gravity Precinct with its 220 step Leaning Tower and Cosmology Gallery are 11kms from Sandy Lake Farm
- Trail Horse riding 20kms, West Coast Honey for honey tasting 11km , Caladenia Mini golf and cafe 25km
- Yanchep National Park (koalas & kangaroos) 37 km south west. Chocolate cafe, and cave tours.
- Pinnacles Nambung National Park www.thepinnacles.com.au 1.5 hour scenic drive north along Indian Ocean Drive north.
- Summer fun beach or river swim, hire a kayak, paddle boat or dinghy, go sand boarding, fishing all at Moore River 35km.
- Historic buildings, Settlers cemetery, churches, water wheel on the brook, Pioneer Pavilion,Vic Gordon boardwalk, Cafe, hotel, chemist, bank, roadhouse, supermarket, and a gorgeous new shop called Pretty Little Things Thur-Sat. Gingin street of shops have country opening times, supermarket closes 5 Mon to Friday and 3pm Sat & Sun, 22km from the farm gate.