Maximum 12 guests in a choice of two different styles of accommodation
Bed and Breakfast or Self Contained cottage
3 B & B rooms maximum 6 adults or Families enjoy Abbeys Cottage maximum 6 guests
15 calves as at 10/7/2015 15 lambs as at 10/7/2015
Gingin holiday accommodation for up to 12 guests in either self contained or serviced B and B with on site owners.
- Abbeys Cottage at Sandy Lake Farm ideal farm stay getaway for couples, families, friends, singles, small groups, 1 queen bed and 2 x twin bed rooms, lounge/dining/kitchen laundry and front and rear patio. All linen supplied, full cooking facilities , china, cutlery, glasses, gas stove, fridge/freezer, microwave, blender, saucepans, rice cooker, washing machine, iron, ironing board, outdoor line, bbq, ducted cool air conditioning, wood fire, oil heater. A very comfortable fully furnished house within the gardens of Sandy Lake Farm. Please bring your own food and drinks self contained means no food is provided but you can pick chilli from the garden. book now. available from 01/08/15
- Sandy Lake Farm B & B Adult only with daily housekeeping by on site staff. One night stay or longer, FREE breakfast. Choice of 3 large light clean rooms in the guest wing of the main farm house. tiled floors, bedside mats, 2 door wardrobes, comfy queen beds, ceiling fans, ducted air conditioning, wonderful winter fire in main central area, toiletries, tv/dvd, Block out blinds, breezy curtains, windows you can open, insect screens fitted. 48 hours prior notice to join us at the dinner table for a home cooked meal, cost on application. book now.
Galloway cattle, Dorper sheep roam the parkland cleared property, lots of shady trees, gardens and big lawn areas around the accommodation, walk out to the large lake and sail your remote controlled boat. Look in the dam or soak area try and spot a long necked tortoise. Table tennis start a challenge in the large patio. Enjoy watching or photograph native birds, in one morning at 7am I spotted a Sacred Ibis, a crow, willy wagtail, magpie, and a crane in the dam what will you see? Sit in the shade of a big pepper-mint or gum tree to view the paperbarks and perimeter of pine trees. Magnificent wide blue sky by day and dark star filled skies at night giving millions of stars with no interfering light, perfect for night photography, see the milky way or the big old moon rise over the farm.
- Suggestions: Bring your Camera, binoculars, walking shoes, kites, remote control boat or toy buggies for the lake area, latest novel (swap over in our library) or dvd, feeling enthusiastic bring your mountain or bmx bikes.
- Abbeys Cottage bring your own delicious foods and wines to enjoy a very special getaway.
- B & B guests enjoy a farm house breakfast served at 8. Dinner required? 48 hours notice please!
Easy to reach 1 hour north of Perth. See millions of stars over a cattle and sheep farm, best accommodation for Gingin Observatory and the Gravity Discovery centre (11kms), en route to Pinnacles Nambung National Park (90 minutes drive) or Monkey Mia (8 hour drive)and New Norcia (1 hour drive), north of Yanchep National Park (37kms). Perth airport (1.5 hours drive). No public transport in this location, hire vehicle required. Arrive in time for sunset as the pines become a golden backdrop to the pastures.
FREE Fun activities at the farm for guests:
- Watch and perhaps interact with animal feeding time at 4pm.
- Ask Reg for a night walk tour by torchlight to discover what is around the farm.
- Tour the garden with Veronica to have a sensory experience with smell and taste sampling.
- Capture the magic of millions of stars and fabulous sunsets through the pine trees.
- Board games monopoly, scrabble, card games, dominoes, pick up sticks, checkers, cribbage, bridge
- Novels, farm information, gardening, hobbies, fishing or flying magazines available at the farm.
- Enjoy time out with your must watch dvd or choose from our collection.
- Feeling active? Set up a table tennis challenge with your family or other guests in the large separate games patio area.
- Cool off in the above ground pool note pool is closed for winter.
activities 5- 60 minutes off farm: see more on our reviews and events page
- Gingin Observatory and Gravity Discovery centre plus 220 step Leaning Tower & Cosmology Gallery, 11kms
- Caladenia mini golf and cafe 25km very popular oasis for devonshire tea or lunch.
- Yanchep National Park (koalas & kangaroos) 37 km south west. Try the Chocolate cafe, or cave tour.
- Pinnacles Nambung National Park 1.5 hour scenic drive north along Indian Ocean Drive north.
- Moore River river or ocean swim, hire a kayak, paddle boat or dinghy, sand boarding, fishing all Guilderton, 35km.
- Gingin Historic buildings, Settlers cemetery, churches, water wheel on the brook, Pioneer Pavilion,Vic Gordon boardwalk, Cafe, hotel, chemist, bank, roadhouse, supermarket, or alpaca products in Gingin little street of shops small supermarket closes 6pm Mon to Friday 2pm Sat & 1pm Sun, 22km from the farm gate perhaps shop on the way at Yanchep then top up in Gingin.