Welcome to Sandy Lake Farm Holiday Accommodation for Gingin, Guilderton or Moore River Holidays or Chittering areas.
Accommodation choices are Abbeys Cottage or Sandy Lake Farm B & B or Caravan sites. Great location, 1 hour drive north of Perth. Millions of stars over a cattle and sheep farm, close to Gingin Observatory and Gravity precinct.
Looking for a quiet getaway? We are a small local business possibly it will be a quiet weekend. Spring board your wildflower excursion for 2014 from Sandy Lake Farm. Lambs latest born 1/9/2014, calves due in a few weeks. Rest and relax or be active, go horseriding nearby, climb the tower at the Gravity centre, explore the beach and river at Guilderton, stroll out to the lake or paddocks at the farm.
"Preferred star gazing accommodation" our guests say, close to the Gingin Observatory and Gravity centre.
- Abbeys Cottage perfect for families, 1-6 guests ideal getaway for couples, reunions, extended family's, small groups.
- B and B adults (+14 years) accommodation in the guest wing of the main homestead staying with your hosts.
- Caravan sites Bring your own fully self contained caravan shady lawned sites within the gardens, no camping, no pets, call direct 0428288422.
Galloway cattle with calves, Dorper sheep & lambs. Cleared parkland property with lots of shady trees and large lawn areas around the accommodation, walk out to the large lake, the secondary winter lake has black swans on it this year, plus the dam or soak area you may spot a long necked tortoise. Start a table tennis challenge in the large patio area between the two houses. Enjoy the birds in the big gum trees, paperbarks and perimeter of pine trees. Magnificent wide blue sky by day and dark star filled skies at night giving millions of stars with no surrounding lights, perfect for photography. Winter and spring is perfect for majestic sunsets with a bit of cloud as the sun sets behind the pine trees.
- Suggestions: Bring your Camera, binoculars, walking shoes, kites, remote control boat or toy buggies for the lake area, latest novel or dvd, feeling enthusiastic bring your mountain or bmx bikes.
- If you have a special pillow bring it along but ours are available to use and all other linen is provided in both B & B and cottage.
- Abbeys Cottage bring your own delicious foods and wines to enjoy a very special getaway.
- B & B guests enjoy a farm house breakfast served at 8am. Like to book an evening meal? Please supply 48 hours notice or more. Alternatively book at the Cafe or hotel 22kms from the farm.
FREE Fun activities at the farm for guests:
- Watch and perhaps interact with animal feeding times at 4pm.
- Ask Reg for a night walk tour by torchlight to discover what is around the farm.
- Capture the magic of millions of stars and fabulous sunsets through the pine trees.
- Board games monopoly, scrabble, card games, dominoes, pick up sticks, checkers, cribbage, bridge
- Novels, farm information, gardening, hobbies, fishing or flying magazines available at the farm.
- Enjoy time out with a dvd.
- NEW Feeling active? Set up a table tennis challenge with your family or other guests in the large separate games patio area.
Fun activities 5- 60 minutes off farm:
- Gingin Observatory www.ginginobservatory.com.au and Gravity Discovery centre newly named the Gravity Precinct with its 220 step leaning tower and cosmology gallery are 11kms from Sandy Lake Farm
- Trail Horse riding 20kms, West Coast Honey for honey tasting 11km , Caladenia Mini golf and cafe 25km
- Yanchep National Park (koalas & kangaroos) 37 km south west.
- Pinnacles Nambung National Park www.thepinnacles.com.au 1.5 hour scenic drive north along Indian Ocean Drive north.
- Summer fun beach or river swim, hire a kayak, paddle boat or dinghy, go sand boarding, fishing all at Moore River 35km.
- Historic buildings, Settlers cemetery, churches, water wheel on the brook, Pioneer Pavilion,Vic Gordon boardwalk, Cafe, hotel, chemist, bank, roadhouse, supermarket, and a gorgeous new shop called Pretty Little Things Thur-Sat. Gingin street of shops have country opening times, 22km from the farm gate.