Abbeys Cottage perfect for families, friends, singles, small groups sleeps 6 guests all linen, cooking utensils, china, cutlery, glasses, tea towels, towels, pillows, doonahs and extra blankets, gas stove, fridge/freezer, microwave, blender, saucepans etc, washing machine, iron, ironing board, outdoor line, bbq, ducted cool air conditioning, wood fire, oil heaters on very cold nights. Avery comfortable home in the gardens of Sandy Lake Farm. No meals provided. (Corporate clients please discuss meal options for staff)
Sandy Lake Farm B & B choose from 3 large light clean rooms in the guest wing of the main farm house. Note adults only. Facilities offer immaculate tiled floors, carpeted mats, double door wardrobes, comfortable queen beds, overhead fan, ducted air conditioning, cosy winter fire in central area, toiletries, tv's in 2 rooms, block out blinds, breezy curtains and windows you can open with insect screens fitted, breakfast included in tariff all other meals available with 48 hours notice by guests is very much appreciated all meals will be taken with the hosts who also reside in the main house.
Caravan bring your own must be fully self contained, plenty of sites available in the gardens perfect for trying all your gear out and quiet too. No dump sites, no camping, no pets, no fires. Please phone direct 0428288422
Farm style holiday 1 hour drive north of Perth. Millions of stars over a cattle and sheep farm, close to Gingin Observatory and Gravity precinct, en route to Pinnacles Nambung National Park, 37kms north of Yanchep 1.5 hours north of Perth airport you must hire a car.
Looking for a quiet getaway? We are a small local business possibly it will be a quiet weekend. Morrison and Christmas trees now in flower in December. Lambs & calves in season, fun to watch them playing at sunset as the pines become a golden backdrop to the pastures. "Preferred star gazing accommodation" book direct by going to our booking page
Galloway cattle, Dorper sheep roam the parkland cleared property with lots of shady trees and large lawn areas around the accommodation, walk out to the large lake, the secondary winter lake had black swans on it this year, the dam or soak area you may spot a long necked tortoise.
Start a table tennis challenge in the large patio area between the two houses. Enjoy watching or photograph many species of native birds in the pastures, shade trees paperbarks and perimeter of pine trees. Magnificent wide blue sky by day and dark star filled skies at night giving millions of stars with no interfering light, perfect for night photography see the milky way rise over the farm.
- Suggestions: Bring your Camera, binoculars, walking shoes, kites, remote control boat or toy buggies for the lake area, latest novel or dvd, feeling enthusiastic bring your mountain or bmx bikes.
- If you have a special pillow bring it along but ours are available to use and all other linen is provided.
- Abbeys Cottage bring your own delicious foods and wines to enjoy a very special getaway.
- B & B guests enjoy a farm house breakfast served at 8am. Like to book an evening meal? Please supply 48 hours notice or more. Alternatively visit historic Gingin's Cafe or hotel 22kms from the farm.
FREE Fun activities at the farm for guests:
- Watch and perhaps interact with animal feeding times at 4pm.
- Ask Reg for a night walk tour by torchlight to discover what is around the farm.
- Capture the magic of millions of stars and fabulous sunsets through the pine trees.
- Board games monopoly, scrabble, card games, dominoes, pick up sticks, checkers, cribbage, bridge
- Novels, farm information, gardening, hobbies, fishing or flying magazines available at the farm.
- Enjoy time out with your must watch dvd.
- Feeling active? Set up a table tennis challenge with your family or other guests in the large separate games patio area.
Fun activities 5- 60 minutes off farm: see more on our reviews and events page
- Gingin Observatory and Gravity Discovery centre plus 220 step Leaning Tower & Cosmology Gallery 11kms
- Caladenia mini golf and cafe 25km
- Yanchep National Park (koalas & kangaroos) 37 km south west. Try the Chocolate cafe, or cave tour.
- Pinnacles Nambung National Park 1.5 hour scenic drive north along Indian Ocean Drive north.
- Summer fun beach or river swim, hire a kayak, paddle boat or dinghy, sand boarding, fishing all at Moore River, 35km.
- Gingin Historic buildings, Settlers cemetery, churches, water wheel on the brook, Pioneer Pavilion,Vic Gordon boardwalk, Cafe, hotel, chemist, bank, roadhouse, supermarket, or alpaca products in Gingin little street of shops with country opening times, supermarket closes 5 Mon to Friday and 3pm Sat & Sun, 22km from the farm gate.