Abbeys Cottage, Sandy Lake Farm B and B, or BYO fully self contained Caravan sites
New calf born 7/3/2015
- Abbeys Cottage at Sandy Lake Farm ideal farmstay getaway for couples, families, friends, singles, small groups, 5 beds for up to 6 guests, linen, cooking utensils, china, cutlery, glasses, gas stove, fridge/freezer, microwave, blender, saucepans, rice cooker, etc, washing machine, iron, ironing board, outdoor line, bbq, ducted cool air conditioning, wood fire, oil heaters. A very comfortable fully furnished house within the gardens of Sandy Lake Farm. Please bring your own food and drinks self contained means no food is provided but you can pick chilli from the garden. Central pool area at the BIG patio section complete with table tennis. book now. (Corporate clients please discuss meal requirements)
- Sandy Lake Farm B & B Adult getaway tariff includes breakfast. 3 large light clean rooms in the guest wing of the main farm house. tiled floors, bedside mats, 2 door wardrobes, comfy queen beds, ceiling fans, ducted air conditioning, wonderful winter fire in main central area, toiletries, tv/dvd, Block out blinds, breezy curtains, windows you can open, insect screens fitted. Give us 48 hours prior notice and we welcome you to join us at the dinner table for a home cooked meal, price on application. Central pool area at the BIG patio section complete with table tennis book now.
- Caravan sites bring your van must be fully self contained, plenty of sites available in the gardens, perfect for trying all your gear out and quiet too. No dump sites, no camping, no pets, no fires. Please phone direct 0428288422 depending on number of guests pool area may be restricted to b and b and abbeys cottage guests.
Enjoy a farm stay getaway 1 hour north of Perth. See millions of stars over a cattle and sheep farm, close to Gingin Observatory and Gravity precinct, en route to Pinnacles Nambung National Park or Monkey Mia and New Norcia, 37kms north of Yanchep (McDonalds at Yanchep), 1.5 hours north of Perth airport. No public transport.
We are a small local business possibly it will be a quiet weekend. Arrive in time for sunset as the pines become a golden backdrop to the pastures.
Galloway cattle, Dorper sheep roam the parkland cleared property, lots of shady trees, gardens and big lawn areas around the accommodation, walk out to the large lake and sail your remote controlled boat. Look in the dam or soak area try and spot a long necked tortoise. Table tennis start a challenge in the large patio. Enjoy watching or photograph native birds, in one morning at 7am I spotted a Sacred Ibis, a crow, willy wagtail, magpie, mudlark, and a crane what will you see? Sit in the shade of a big pepperment or gum tree to view the paperbarks and perimeter of pine trees. Magnificent wide blue sky by day and dark star filled skies at night giving millions of stars with no interfering light, perfect for night photography, see the milky way or the big old moon rise over the farm.
- Suggestions: Bring your Camera, binoculars, walking shoes, kites, remote control boat or toy buggies for the lake area, latest novel (swap over in our library) or dvd, feeling enthusiastic bring your mountain or bmx bikes.
- Abbeys Cottage bring your own delicious foods and wines to enjoy a very special getaway.
- B & B guests enjoy a farm house breakfast served at 8. Dinner required? 48 hours notice please!
FREE Fun activities at the farm for guests:
- Cool off in the above ground pool (note access ladder is 1.4m high suits agile persons)
- Watch and perhaps interact with animal feeding time at 4pm.
- Ask Reg for a night walk tour by torchlight to discover what is around the farm.
- Capture the magic of millions of stars and fabulous sunsets through the pine trees.
- Board games monopoly, scrabble, card games, dominoes, pick up sticks, checkers, cribbage, bridge
- Novels, farm information, gardening, hobbies, fishing or flying magazines available at the farm.
- Enjoy time out with your must watch dvd.
- Feeling active? Set up a table tennis challenge with your family or other guests in the large separate games patio area.
Fun activities 5- 60 minutes off farm: see more on our reviews and events page
- Gingin Observatory and Gravity Discovery centre plus 220 step Leaning Tower & Cosmology Gallery 11kms
- Caladenia mini golf and cafe 25km very popular oasis for devonshire tea or lunch.
- Yanchep National Park (koalas & kangaroos) 37 km south west. Try the Chocolate cafe, or cave tour.
- Pinnacles Nambung National Park 1.5 hour scenic drive north along Indian Ocean Drive north.
- Moore River river or ocean swim, hire a kayak, paddle boat or dinghy, sand boarding, fishing all Guilderton, 35km.
- Gingin Historic buildings, Settlers cemetery, churches, water wheel on the brook, Pioneer Pavilion,Vic Gordon boardwalk, Cafe, hotel, chemist, bank, roadhouse, supermarket, or alpaca products in Gingin little street of shops small supermarket closes 6pm Mon to Friday 3pm Sat & Sun, 22km from the farm gate perhaps shop on the way at Yanchep then top up in Gingin.